Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh what a weekend!

Can I just say I will thank Heavenly Father often for the gift of the Holy Ghost. This weekend started out not much different then other weekends. On Friday I had a doctors appointment in Idaho Falls with my OB, (no not prego, not for a little while). Well my OB ended up at the hospital delivering babies so my appointment got postponed. Well I thought might as well run a few errands at the mall while I am up here. Baylee this whole last week has not felt well. When that girl gets sick, she get sick! She has had quite the cough and a fever off and on all week. We had taken her in on Wednesday and they said that she had a virus and that she should turn around by Friday. Well on the way up to Idaho Falls I noticed Baylee still didn't look great, not horrible but not great! Well while at the mall grabbing a few things (by the way looking back I feel horrible that I dragged such a sick little girl into the mall but Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways), I ran into my friend Tanys. We sat down to chat for just a few minutes and in those few minutes is when everything went crazy. I have given Baylee one these little donuts, and suddenly she began to throw up and the suddenly went limp and very white. I looked at Tanys and said she doesn't look good, I need to call the her doc (which is also in Idaho Falls. I know kind of a pain but I gave the docs here a chance and none of them even closely lived up to Dr. Baker.) It was about a 25 to five and they didn't have anything open. After telling them her symptoms they told me to take her to the emergency room or a community care. So immediately we hauled her out to the car. Just as we got her into the car, the person that was parked next to me pulled out and another car pulled in. As the lady got out her car Tanys noticed that she had on scrubs and asked her if she was a nurse. She responded yes and we asked her to come over and take a look at Baylee. She felt her head took her pulse and looked in her eyes and said that we had a very sick little girl and they she differently needed to go to the hospital. Which was so interesting because as soon as she went limp in the mall I kept having this feeling that I needed to take her to the hospital. So I hurried over to hospital and took her into the ER. They assessed her and she had a bulging ear infection, but her RSV had came back negative and her chest x-rays where clear. But after monitoring her for about 3 hours they said that her oxygen kept dropping and that they couldn't allow her to leave. So we were admitted to the pediatric floor for observation that night. During the night her oxygen dropped to 80 and she was put on oxygen. Oh was that fun. She hated that and kept trying to pull it out. We ended up having to tape it to her face so she could pull it off. In the back of my head I kept wondering if I had made the right decision. After we finally got Baylee settled down the nurse looked at me and said, "Just so you know, you made the right decision bringing her here to the hospital." Oh what I needed to here! Another little prayer answered. The next day (Saturday) she got a little better but we noticed that when she went down for a nap her oxygen level dropped and so the said we needed to stay at least one more night to she if she could keep her levels up without oxygen. Meanwhile when all this was happening Jaxsen was there with us that afternoon. I noticed about 4 o'clock that he had a fever. I took his temp and sure enough it was 102.5. I called our doc and he said take him downstairs to the emergency room to have him looked at too. So off I went with Jax, while Andrew stayed upstairs with Baylee. By the time I got down there he had and fever of 104.2. They checked both his ears and sure enough both were flaming red. They did a RSV test and chest x-rays on him and both came back the same as Baylee. But since he had the same symptoms as his sister guess what happened, up to the Peds floor for Jax. So we had the kids across the hall from each other. Andrew stayed with Jax and I stayed with Bays.  Oh and guess her was our nurse today. The nurse who assessed Baylee in the parking lot at the mall! Again Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways! Also I am so thankful for the kindness of others. Someone donated coloring books and crayons for children who were in the hospital for valentines day so they gave Baylee one. And when they brought in their food today there was a little card made by a little girl telling my children Happy Valentines Day. She didn't know my children but how it touched my heart so simple kindness of others!

Today Baylee is ten times better, still has that nasty cough but a thousand times better. Jaxsen still is fighting a pretty bad fever but after a few days of antibiotics they said he will be feeling a lot better.
Another note, lately I have wanted to have my own home so bad my teeth hurt. It is all I seem to think about, pray about, after being in the hospital with two sick kids, not having anything up there for us because we didn't plan on any of this happening, I am so thankful I have a home to come home to. Even if it isn't my very own. I truly thankful for all my parents have given up to help us this last year and this weekend. I do believe Heavenly Father was teaching me a little lesson this weekend. Be thankful for the things I have, a place to live, a loving family, heathly kids (before last week) and a good husband. And to be patient and let him take care of the rest so that is what I going to try my best to do!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad they're doing okay! hope you get to go home soon! good luck!